EAHAD and MCI are committed to enabling a virtual event in which everyone can participate in an inclusive, respectful, and safe manner. We value each member and want all guests to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. Accordingly, we expect all attendees to show respect and courtesy to the other participants. All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience, that includes people of different backgrounds. Event members are solely responsible for their actions.
We believe that our different identities make us powerful as a community, and organise our teams’ work accordingly. However, part of the content in virtual events is user-generated, and you may find other delegates’ or participants’ communications, graphics, audio files or additional information inappropriate, offensive, harmful, inaccurate, dishonest, misleading and/or deceptive. In this case, please, report an incident as described below.
We ask that in the interest of open and honest participation, you:
- Behave in a way that creates a safe and supportive environment for all virtual event participants, including the organisers, moderators, attendees, and speakers, via all communication channels, including the live stream, break out discussions and social media.
- Commit to a respectful curiosity, open-minded participation, and a positive, inclusive attitude, showing empathy and tolerance for people who may not share your opinion nor understand your views. Please, don’t engage in any form of harassing, offensive, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or threatening speech or behaviour, including (but not limited to) relating to race, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, physical appearance or other protected
- Comply with the instructions of the moderator and any virtual event
- Do not make use of mechanisms, software or scripts in connection with the use of the platform or any action which is likely to impair the functionality of the platform, in particular, to overburden
- Comply with all applicable laws.
Breaches of this Code of Conduct may result in disqualification from participating in the registered event but also future live and virtual events.
Reporting an incident
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the organiser by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for helping us make this a welcoming and friendly environment for all.